Leeds City & District Canine Association

Harewood House, 24th July 2011. Judge: Dr Emma Greenway (Jollygaze).

"I cannot begin this report without sincerely thanking the show committee, stewards and exhibitors for making the day truly memorable. The icing on the cake was seeing my BOB winner go Group 2nd.  To have the opportunity to go over so many Dandies was a privilege. Overall I was delighted to see so many of good length and outline and despite the grass most moved with ok drive. Presentation was patchy and I was surprised that a number seemed to have little or no undercoat. There were also a few small and high set eyes in evidence.  Of most concern to me was that many of the entry did not have well-made fronts. I think this is an issue that needs urgent attention. There were a significant number that were wide at wither, had steep shoulders and not enough upper arm.  This often meant they were heavy looking in front, lacked forechest and looked lumpy in topline. This is not an insurmountable problem, but I do think it would pay breeders to take extra care when planning  breedings.  It was super to see a number of promising youngsters and I look forward to seeing them in maturity."

Best Dog

Reserve Best Dog

Best Bitch & BOB

Reserve Best Bitch

Best Puppy

Bromley's Mishahda Volcanic Storm

Hunter's Etsill Scapa Flow

Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Lemon Drizzle

Shore's Swanwillow She's Hot

Shore's Swanwillow Clarion Call

Puppy Dog

1st: Shore's Swanwillow Clarion Call

A quality youngster with super length and outline. Would have liked a little more return of upper arm, a touch long in muzzle and I would have liked a slightly bigger eye. Well presented and moved soundly. Will be interesting to see how he develops. BP.

Junior Dog

1st: Bromley's Mishahda Volcanic Storm

A very pleasing young dog, beautiful length, clean shoulders, a strong head of correct proportion with well set nice dark eyes. Would have liked a touch more drop in croup to tail, but had enough topline on the move and pleasingly balanced strong reach and drive. Very well presented in correct coat. BD, BOS.

2nd: Knapper's Maganbar Applejack

Nicely balanced dog, a bit shorter than 1st place getter, a little heavier through the shoulders and although balanced front and rear I would have liked more angulation. A touch long in muzzle but a nice dark eye and good ear set.

Postgraduate Dog

1st: Sleight's Cassencarrie Bobby Vee

Another dog with lovely length and outline.  Strong masculine head though a touch long in muzzle, rather wide at the withers which made him quite heavy through the shoulders.  Would have liked more drop in croup.  In correct jacket with undercoat present.  Moved with purpose.

2nd: Miller's Puddockswell Moon Shadow at Dryfevalley

Strong headed dog with nice wide set dark eyes. A little shorter in rib than 1st place and heavy through the shoulders. Tail a touch high set though carried correctly on the move.  On the day not in enough coat and didn’t move with enough drive for me.

Open Dog

1st: Hunter's Etsill Scapa Flow

A quality dog with a lovely weasily outline, strong well-proportioned head with excellent round dark eye. A little short on coat on the day but texture there. Lovely tail set and carriage, moved soundly, challenged hard. RBD.

2nd: Denham's Ch. Scottsbairn Duke Of Ross

Excellent length and outline, well presented and moved soundly, a touch longer in muzzle and heavier through shoulders than 1st place getter. A very nice dog.

3rd: Skitt & Jones's Ch. Vistca Vincent

Puppy Bitch

1st: Shore's Swanwillow She's Hot

A very nice youngster with excellent topline and length. Very feminine head though unfinished and a touch narrow through skull and long in muzzle at this age, lovely dark well placed eye. Lovely clean shoulders, moved soundly. Will follow her development  with interest and look forward to seeing her as a mature bitch. RBB.

2nd: Smith's Glendandy Twinkle Star

Lovely coated young bitch, excellent dentition and clean shoulders.  A little shorter in back than my 1st place, tail a little too low set, not happy on the grass and lacked drive.

Junior Bitch

1st: Denham's Dentgate Summer Breeze

A beautiful feminine bitch, fabulous well laid clean shoulders, lovely clean outline and good length. Well balanced head with nice dark eye. A little narrow in skull at present. A touch short on coat but quality evident. A great pity she really wasn’t happy on the day.

2nd: Sleight's Cassencarrie Madelaina

A bitch in good mustard jacket though a little light on for undercoat. Lovely dark eye, correct scissor bite, fair topline, though a touch heavy through the shoulders and would have liked a little more angulation front and rear.

Postgraduate Bitch

1st: Marshall's Deegandan Lavender of Dun Eideann

A pleasing bitch, good length and outline,  clean shoulders. Strong head though a touch long in muzzle. Nice dark eye. Jacket a little patchy though texture and undercoat evident. Would have liked a bit more angulation front and rear but was balanced on the move.

2nd: Bedford's Etsill Greenvoe

A very shapely feminine bitch with a strong head of nice proportions and well set eyes, would have preferred them a little darker.  A great shame she was not in the mood to show herself off.

3rd: Bell's Kirkhalin Mystic Prudence
Res: Cottee's Deegandan Alwin

Open Bitch

1st: Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Lemon Drizzle

A quality feminine bitch, beautifully balanced in perfect coat and trim.  Strong head of lovely proportions, eyes well set, though in a perfect world I’d like them a touch darker. Very shapely with lovely tail set and carriage. Lovely size and type, but ideally would prefer a little more length. A joy to see her move around the ring, she uses herself to the full and exudes quality, nothing to touch her on the day.  BB, BOB, G2.

2nd: Hunter's Puddockswell Hootin Annie at Etsill

A very pleasing and feminine bitch, good length, outline and balance. Nice dark eye and well balanced head. Ears a touch high. Would have liked more evidence of undercoat and would have liked a more laid back shoulder. Moved soundly and carried herself well going round.

3rd: Walkley's Hendell Angel Of The North over Churchoak
Res: Heywood's Schalulleke Clara Jones
VHC: Booth's Cloverwood Candlelight