DDTC Championship Show

Rixton with Glazebrook Community Hall, 14th July 2013. Judge: Mrs Ferelith Somerfield (Oudenard).

banner

"When I was invited to judge the Dandie Dinmont Terrier Club Ch show I had mixed feelings because I knew that the chosen judge, Mrs Tinsley, had had to withdraw because of a difficult operation. However, in the event I understand that she is recovering well and indeed was able to come to the show & see her dog, Ch Cloverwood Royal George, go BIS. This was the third time I had judged the club show, the first in 1980 and the second in 2000. This time I was delighted to be able to spend time with your president, Mrs Janet Roslyn, and recall so many magic moments with the breed, especially in 2000, the 125th anniversary when we travelled up to Scotland in a coach to explore the foundations of the breed. The show this year was held at Rixton-With-Glazebrook Community Hall, near Warrington, a new venue to me and ideal for a show of this size having easy access to the M6 and all the amenities. It attracted a number of people, including Peter and Kath Bell, Tom Mather and Sue McCourt, so I had a wonderful time talking to many friends. There were 77 entries although several were NFC and some were absent. Paul Eardley makes a splendid chairman and always gave the show a buzz. I was delighted to meet the treasurer, Mrs Bromley, secretary Mrs Meriel Taylor, show secretary Jackie Shore and also officials like Alison Wren and Sheila Brookes who all did so much to make the show run smoothly. I have already mentioned the BIS. RBIS was the bitch CC winner, Puddockswell Moon Whisper at Dryfevalley; and BP, Dentgate Hollyberries"

Dog CC & BIS

Reserve Dog CC

Bitch CC

Reserve Bitch CC

Best Puppy

Best Veteran

Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Royal George

Shore's Ch. Swanwillow Sea Captain

Miller's Puddockswell Moon Whisper at Dryfevalley

Heywood's Cloverwood Day By Day at Schalulleke

Denham's Dentgate Hollyberries

Mannia's Ch. Wazzly Persephone at Kirskill

Winners photo

Minor Puppy Dog 1st: Doyle's Dentgate Jackfrost at Ilexquercus
Well grown mustard, typical head, good nose and eyes, nice outline, well padded feet, moved soundly for age. Only 8 months and still a baby coat.
Dentgate Jackfrost at Ilexquercus

Puppy Dog 1st: Gregg's Dariant Lui Vencedor De Mi Soul at Bambusa
Very showy and made the most himself here, good neck, shoulders and topline, moved soundly with style. BPD.
Dariant Lui Vencedor De Mi Soul at Bambusa
2nd: Doyle's Dentgate Jackfrost at Ilexquercus Dentgate Jackfrost at Ilexquercus
3rd: Phair's Etsill Magnus Etsill Magnus
Res: Coleman's Deegandan Edwin Deegandan Edwin

Junior Dog 1st: Milliner's Xenon z Roxburku Sun at Millerim
Unexaggerated p/s, scored in head though the tear-staining detracts, pleasing neck and shoulders, neat hindquarters, good coat texture.
Xenon z Roxburku Sun at Millerim
2nd: Kerrush's Inzievar Silver And Gold
Very showy p/s, great character,well bodied, happy mover, lacks a little coat, when this comes and he settles will look the part.
Inzievar Silver And Gold
3rd: Henry's Dariant Genri Mi Rey at Trinzy Dariant Genri Mi Rey at Trinzy

Yearling Dog 1st: Hendrick's Etsill Quoydandy
Well grown mustard but not moving so well today.
Etsill Quoydandy
2nd: MacDonald's Hellchuck Festina Lente
Delightful character but rather heavy today and not moving well though he did better in his next class. Very good dentition with nice width in jaws.
Hellchuck Festina Lente

Novice Dog 1st: Coleman's Deegandan Edwin
P/s who moved better here than in his puppy class, typical head, good mouth, nice neck and shoulders but needs to mature in front, tail could be better.
Deegandan Edwin
2nd: MacDonald's Hellchuck Festina Lente Hellchuck Festina Lente

Postgraduate Dog 1st: Buckley's Dentgate Celebration
Well bodied p/s, nice to see a good chest, good over the loins, croup and thighs, nice coat.
Dentgate Celebration
2nd: Hendrick's Etsill Quoydandy Etsill Quoydandy

Limit Dog 1st: Eriksson's Inzievar Wins Gold
Very attractive young mustard who still has a little maturing to do, scores in movement, very good temperament and made the most of himself.
Inzievar Wins Gold
2nd: Johnson's Avonview Beinn Heasgarnich
Nice mature p/s, I preferred his balance of muzzle to skull with good width of jaw but 1 had the edge on the move, well bodied, nice brisket, good coat.
Avonview Beinn Heasgarnich of Cofgodas
3rd: Buckley's Dentgate Celebration Dentgate Celebration
Res: Miller's Puddockswell Moon Shadow at Dryfevalley Puddockswell Moon Shadow at Dryfevalley

Open Dog 1st: Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Royal George
Un exaggerated mustard, good head and nose, pleasing neck, shoulders, outline and tail, everything about him flows, free accurate mover, nice coat texture. CC & BIS.
Cloverwood Royal George
2nd: Shore's Ch. Swanwillow Sea Captain
Another lovely mustard, good head, nose and eyes, well bodied, good front and chest, nice firm thighs, moved out well. RCC.
Swanwillow Sea Captain
3rd: Deacon & Pearce's Ch. Cassencarrie I Kid You Not Cassencarrie I Kid You Not
Res: Bromley's Mishahda Volcanic Storm Mishahda Volcanic Storm
VHC: Denham's Ch. Scottsbairn Duke Of Ross Scottsbairn Duke Of Ross

Veteran Dog 1st: Mannia's Finloren The Lion In Winter at Kirskill
At nearly 13 years old this delightful mustard still has a good mouth of teeth, nice shape, moved out well with good tail action, nice coat and condition.
Finloren The Lion In Winter at Kirskill
2nd: Cadwallader's Bettymac Sun Samba
Will be 8 in October and has lost his colour with age but looked very well in shape and balance, bit lazy on the move now.
Bettymac Sun Samba

Veteran Bitch 1st: Mannia's Ch. Wazzly Persephone at Kirskill
Lovely 9-y-o p/s, good head, full of expression, nice mouth, good neck and outline, moved out soundly, good coat. Beat her kennelmate for BVIS.
Wazzly Persephone at Kirskill

Minor Puppy Bitch 1st: Denham's Dentgate Frosted Mistletoe
Delightful mustard baby, has everything one wants at this age, pleasing head and nose, nice outlines, moved soundly. Litter sister to the MPD winner.
Dentgate Frosted Mistletoe

Puppy Bitch 1st: Denham's Dentgate Hollyberries
P/s litter sister to Mistletoe (& Jackfrost) and I preferred on the day to go BPB and later BPIS. Gorgeous head and expression, good nose and ears, good outline, shapely, firm front, good hindquarters, moved typically.
Dentgate Hollyberries
2nd: Hunter's Etsill Skara Brae
Very attractive, feminine p/s, nice outline, not just as pleasing on the move as 1 or as forward but this may be best at this stage. I hope I shall see both when they are mature! Could be a little stronger in pasterns.
Etsill Skara Brae
3rd: Bell's Lannia Harvest Charm Lannia Harvest Charm from Reidswire
Res: Allan's Dalmuster Serene Princess Dalmuster Serene Princess

Junior Bitch 1st: Henry's Dariant Grace Mi Solar at Trinzy
Very shapely good moving mustard, good head, eyes, nose and expression, well placed neck and shoulders, nice firm hindquarters, in good coat and condition.
Dariant Grace Mi Solar at Trinzy
2nd: Denham's Dentgate Royal Jubilee
Pleasing head and eyes, good neck and shoulders but not just as ready in front, nice feet, used her tail well standing and moving.
Dentgate Royal Jubilee
3rd: Drake's Deegandan Bessie Surtees Deegandan Bessie Surtees to Tollcross

Yearling Bitch 1st: Henry's Deegandan Grace Darling
Feminine p/s, nice eyes and expression, pleasing neck, good temperament with well placed and used tail. Movement could be a little firmer.
Deegandan Grace Darling at Trinzy

Graduate Bitch 1st: Bell's Kirkhalin Mystic Prudence
Happy p/s who made the most of herself moving with drive, nice neck and topline.
Kirkhalin Mystic Prudence from Reidswire
2nd: Brookes's Berdinbrook Ecco
P/s, nice head type but could be better presented, in full coat, nice bone.
Berdinbrook Ecco
3rd: Milliner's Millerim Rubis Jeudi Millerim Rubis Jeudi
Res: Averis & Walkley's Saredon Over The Rainbow Saredon Over The Rainbow
VHC: Weaving's Dengold McCarthy's Pride Dengold McCarthy's Pride

Postgraduate Bitch 1st: Miller's Puddockswell Truly Scrumptious at Dryfevalley
I liked this strong mustard very much indeed, lovely expression, good ears, well made, good body and ribs, she looked her best on the move, in good coat.
Puddockswell Truly Scrumptious at Dryfevalley
2nd: Smith's Glendandy Twinkle Star
Very pretty but not quite the movement of 1, typical head. The winner is all dog but this one needs a little more time and coat texture.
Glendandy Twinkle Star
3rd: Brookes's Berdinbrook Pandora Berdinbrook Pandora

Limit Bitch 1st: Miller's Puddockswell Moon Whisper at Dryfevalley
Half sister to winner of last class, quality, feminine p/s just out of junior, pleasing natural outline, lovely head and expression, good eyes and nose, moved and showed well, good tail carriage, in good coat and condition. CC.
Puddockswell Moon Whisper at Dryfevalley
2nd: Kinsey-Morgan's Inzievar Gold Effect
Very pleasing mature mustard, good head, nice depth of brisket, good ribs and loin, in good coat and condition but can still strengthen a shade in hind action.
Inzievar Gold Effect
3rd: Shore's Swanwillow Seabreeze Swanwillow Seabreeze
Res: Skitt & Marshall's Duneideann Limited Edition Duneideann Limited Edition
VHC: Booth's Cloverwood Candlelight at Lannia Cloverwood Candlelight at Lannia
Kinsey-Morgan's Inzievar Gold Edition Inzievar Gold Edition
Milliner's Dengold Gypsy Moth at Millerim Dengold Gypsy Moth at Millerim

Open Bitch 1st: Heywood's Cloverwood Day By Day at Schalulleke
Top-class p/s, has quality and is feminine, lovely shape both moving and standing, in good coat and condition, moved well. RCC and pressed Moon Whisper all the way.
Cloverwood Day By Day at Schalulleke
2nd: Bromley's Cassencarrie Going Back to Mishahda
Slightly larger p/s, good head, pleasing front, bone and feet, good body and ribs, nice strength over the loins.
Cassencarrie Going Back to Mishahda
3rd: Morris's Pennywave Amaryllis Pennywave Amaryllis
Res: Deacon's Ch. Cassencarrie Miss Grace at Pennywave Cassencarrie Miss Grace at Pennywave
VHC: Eriksson's Scottsbairn Royal Anabella Scottsbairn Royal Anabella
Ray's Dentgate Sweet Symphony Dentgate Sweet Symphony
Smith's Somercloud Starprize at Glendandy Somercloud Starprize at Glendandy