Birmingham City

Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, August 2013. Judge: Miss Margaret Hamilton (Margham).

"A nice entry but I have to say that overall I was a little disappointed with the quality. Shame there were several absentees. No bad mouths but it was difficult to find Dandies with the true melting expression, and some had eyes that were too small. It seems to be the fashion now to show Dandies in short coats and the lovely 2” pencilled coats are seldom seen. A Dandie’s topline is unique to the breed and some dogs just weren’t correct unfortunately. Having said that, all had lovely temperaments which, of course, is so important."

Dog CC & BOB

Reserve Dog CC

Bitch CC

Reserve Bitch CC

Best Puppy

Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Royal George

Edwards's Cloverwood Midnight Blue

Heywood's Cloverwood Day By Day at Schalulleke

Kinsey-Morgan's Inzievar Gold Effect

Denham's Dentgate Hollyberries

Postgraduate Dog 1st: Jacka-Slater's Pennywave Lone Ranger
Mustard with long, weasely body, good head and topknot, kind expression, moved well holding his topline on the move. Felt he would benefit from a little more coat and substance.
2nd: Milliner's Xenon z Roxburku Sun at Millerim
Pepper, close decision between 1 & 2, they could well change places on another day. Happy temperament, showed and moved well, good body conformation with good length, correct head and coat but would prefer slightly larger eyes.
3rd: Hendrick's Etsill Quoy Dandy

Limit Dog 1st: Edwards's Cloverwood Midnight Blue
Pepper, good looking dog with lovely head and expression, profuse topknot, correct outline and tailset and coat of excellent texture, strong quarters, straight front and good bone, moved well when he put his mind to it, holding his topline. RCC.
2nd: Johnson's Avonview Beinn Heasgarnich
Dark pepper, handsome boy, larger than 1, good head and melting expression that was lacking in so many here, strong neck, well laid shoulders and good topline. Steady mover but could perhaps have been a little more enthusiastic.
3rd: Hughes's Maganbar Magic Moment
Res: Buckley's Dentgate Celebration

Open Dog 1st: Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Royal George
I was glad to have the opportunity to go over this well known dog and I was not disappointed, fits the Standard perfectly and moves soundly both coming and going, holding his topline on the move. Just a little short of coat but could not be denied top spot. CC & BOB.

Puppy Bitch 1st: Tinsley's Cloverwood Five Stars
Lovely bitch with mischievous expression, dark pepper coat of correct texture, good head and eye and body conformation, moved and showed well.
2nd: Bell's Lannia Harvest Charm
Mustard, very promising pup, unlucky to meet 1 but lost out on topline and hind movement, coat not at its best.

Junior Bitch 1st: Denham's Dentgate Hollyberries
Pepper, still a pup, almost 10 months, really liked this little bitch, lovely head and expression with long neck and good shoulders, flowing lines and excellent topline held on the move, showed well. BP.
2nd: Denham's Dentgate Royal Jubilee
Another nice pepper from this kennel, enjoying her day out, good head and expression, long, weasely body, moved well. Coat not at its best.

Postgraduate Bitch 1st: Milliner's Millerim Rubis Jeudi
Pepper who has a lot to like, nice head and expression, typical outline, coat of correct texture, moved and showed well. Felt she could lose a little weight to advantage.
2nd: Buckley's Puddockswell Sweet Phoebe
Nice rich mustard coat. Would have liked a stronger head and better stop. Correct length of body, good topline held on the move, showed well.

Limit Bitch 1st: Skitt & Marshall's Duneideann Limited Edition
Pleasing mustard with good body shape, neck and shoulders, correct coat of good texture, head and earset, nice expression, moved and showed well, holding her topline, pressed hard for RCC.
2nd: Hughes's Maganbar Apple Blossom
Very feminine mustard with lovely head and expression, correct outline and tailset. Sadly, she was out of coat and didn’t move as well as she can.
3rd: Milliner's Dengold Gypsy Moth at Millerim
Res: Buckley's Puddockswell Sweet Phoebe
VHC: Bell's Kirkhalin Mystic Prudence

Open Bitch 1st: Heywood's Cloverwood Day By Day at Schalulleke
What a lovely little bitch this is, so feminine and shows beautifully, lovely head and body conformation, good neck, front and shoulders, correct coat, sound movement, I could willingly have taken her home. CC, which I believe now makes her a champion.
2nd: Kinsey-Morgan's Inzievar Gold Effect
Mustard, larger bitch but full of type, in good double coat of correct texture, lovely head and expression, correct front, tight feet and strong bone, steady mover with correct topline. RCC.
3rd: Kinsey-Morgan's Inzievar Gold Edition