Welsh Kennel Club 2010

21st August 2010.   Judge: Mrs Ann Harpwood (Finloren)

"Although numerically a small entry nevertheless there was no doubt in my mind that the overall picture was one of quality. I was pleasantly surprised to see a predominance of mustard over pepper when on the last occasion I judged the breed the reverse was the case.  
"Coats were excellent & not one bad mouth in sight. Presentation, in most cases, was flawless but I had to do some mental gymnastics when deciding on my bitch winner. In the end it came down to my personal preference on what was under my hand & in my mind on true Dandie type as I see it."

Dog CC & BOB

Reserve Dog CC

Bitch CC

Reserve Bitch CC

Best Puppy

Carter's Ch. Cassencarrie James Blonde

France's Torbrae Dance N Dazzle

Motler's Wazzly Aphrodite

France's Torbrae Daisy Dreamin

Shore's Swanwillow Sea Captain

Puppy Dog

1st: Shore's Swanwillow Sea Captain

Quality mustard puppy, showing great promise, excellent coat and pigment, good head and reach of neck carrying through to correct shoulder and flowing topline, moved soundly and positively on the best of legs and feet.  BP.

2nd: Bedborough's Hendell Crofter for Pitfirrane

Pepper, good coat. Needs to strengthen in head. Well off for bone but rather overloaded in shoulder which affects his elbow carriage. Longer in back than 1 and more weasily in outline but not too well balanced. Movement was sound.

Postgraduate Dog

1st: Jacka-Slater's Cassencarrie Robbie Burns

Very handsome mustard & litter brother to DCC winner, immaculately presented and in excellent coat, a very happy little chap and quite clearly enjoying his day out. Very good head and expression, excellent neck leading to correct and well laid shoulder, topline correct, well off for bone, moved soundly and well. There is absolutely no good reason why this young dog shouldn’t reach the top.

Limit Dog

1st: France's Torbrae Dance N Dazzle

Beautifully presented rich mustard put down to perfection, excellent front, head and neck leading into correct topline and good tail carriage, wonderful pigment which is sometimes so difficult to find on a mustard, moved out soundly and happily on the best of legs and feet. Ran winner hard for the CC. RCC

2nd: Culverhouse's Cassencarrie Gandalf at Lykath

Smaller and paler Dandie, good quality coat which requires more attention. Not as strong in head as 1 and needs more neck resulting in being rather heavy in shoulder. While his front movement was good his rear movement was rather untidy.

Open Dog

1st: Carter's Ch. Cassencarrie James Blonde

Stunning mustard, put down in immaculate order, most beautiful head on a good strong neck leading through to correct lay of shoulder, excellent topline and correct tail carriage, good bone and feet, wonderful furnishings, his pigment is top class, moved with precision and drive. I understand he gained his title just six days before the show. CC & BOB.

2nd: Cadwallader's Bettymac Sun Samba

Quality mustard, nice head and expression. Rather short in neck which resulted in a heavy shoulder. Good bone and length of body, moved well. He was, however, overshadowed by 1.

Puppy Bitch

1st: Shore's Swanwillow Seabreeze

Pretty little pepper puppy and litter sister to my PD. More weasley than her brother but good head & expression, good neck and lay of shoulder leading into correct topline and tail carriage, more confident than her brother and moved out soundly and well.

Junior Bitch

1st: Morris's Cassencarrie Miss Grace at Pennywave

Very pretty pepper, exquisite head & expression, good neck leading into correct shoulders and length of back, her coat is excellent and moved soundly and well. Her handler must, however, do more to help her enjoy her day out, she looked most unhappy as if she saw her day out as a punishment.

Postgraduate Bitch

1st: Motler's Wazzly Athena

Lovely weasily mustard, looked as if she would have given anything to go home - I did manage to get the odd wag of the tail. Quality bitch, very pretty head, good neck leading into a correct lay of shoulder, correct length of back and quality coat, moved soundly and positively.

2nd: Osbourne's Pitfirrane Silver Lady of Braego

Happy little pepper, moved very well. Head and expression wasn’t quite as feminine as 1. Good neck and body shape, her coat was good, quite clearly enjoying her day.

Limit Bitch

1st: France's Torbrae Daisy Dreamin

Top quality mustard, put down in immaculate order, lovely head and expression, the most delightful temperament, her outline was exquisite and she moved soundly on the best of legs and feet, excellent furnishings and good pigment. This was a difficult decision to arrive at in awarding her the RCC. In the end it came down to reach of neck and the more weasily shape of the ticket winner. She is, however, a stunner. RCC.

2nd: Deacon's Cassencarrie Red Ribbon

Good quality mustard, very close up to 1. Fantastic presentation, good head and expression, good reach of neck leading into correct shoulder & excellent pigment, correct topline and moving on the best of legs and feet. Although she was happy enough she wasn’t putting enough enthusiasm into moving round the ring as 1. A top quality Dandie.

3rd: Morris's Pennywave Amaryllis
Res: Bromley's Mishahda Tempting Touch

Open Bitch

1st: Motler's Wazzly Aphrodite

Beautiful happy little mustard, such a pretty head and expression leading into good reach of neck and correct lay of shoulder, she has the weasily body of correct length that I look for in the best of Dandies. Excellent coat, moved out soundly and well, pigment correct. It was a really tough decision between her and my LB winner but in the end her slightly smaller andweasily outline made my mind up for me. I understand that she is now a ch. CC.

2nd: Danks's Dawsholm Cantily Kate

Pretty happy mustard, good head and expression, correct length, good coat, well presented, moved well and showed a balanced and sound outline.