Scottish Kennel Club 1

Royal Highland Showground, 16th May 2015. Judge: Mr Paul Eardley (Sherex).

"It is always a pleasure to judge the Dandies and today was no exception. It was a decent entry and there were enough good ones present to make the competition interesting.

"Thank you to the SKC for the invitation and to my tireless steward Christina Rodgers who kept everything moving single handedly."

Dog CC

Reserve Dog CC

Bitch CC & BOB

Reserve Bitch CC

Best Puppy

Gregg's Ire Ch. Dariant Lui Vencedor De Mi Soul at Bambusa

Kurg's Hawkesmill Jefferson at Etsill

Gregg's Ellabeth Amabilisdandie at Bambusa

Henry's Dariant Grace Mi Solar at Trinzy

Booth's Borderstone Kingman

Puppy Dog 1st: Booth's Borderstone Kingman
A nice one to start the day with. Promising baby with a masculine head, nice profile both standing and moving, lovely rear, nice tailset, good coat and texture and presented and handled well. BP.
2nd: Skitt & Stanford's Dainty Dandies King Of My Castle
Super expression on this boy as he has a decent skull with correct dome, stop and eye shape. A touch proud of his tail and not as strong behind as the winner.

Junior Dog 1st: Kurg's Hawkesmill Jefferson at Etsill
This young boy is just my type of Dandie. He has a melting expression, is a good size, excellent presentation and presents a good outline on the move with drive from the rear. He has all the essentials to take him to the top. Decided to be a bit sluggish today otherwise could well have had the CC. A well-deserved RCC.

Limit Dog 1st: Sleight's Bonnybeck Moonlight Bay
Won on overall quality. He has a lovely jacket and great temperament, touch bigger than I prefer but unmistakeably a male.
2nd: Watson's Dentgate Noel
Not the length of the winner but put on a good show and has a decent jacket coming through.

Open Dog 1st: Gregg's Ire Ch. Dariant Lui Vencedor De Mi Soul at Bambusa
A bit bigger than I prefer but had to win today as he put on such a good show. He moved fluidly in all directions displaying super Dandie temperament and he never let up trying to please. Masculine head, good coat, well presented and handled and ultimately just asked for and got the CC.
2nd: Kerrush's Inzievar Silver And Gold
This one looked lovely when he entered the ring. However today he decided that looking lovely was enough and he tensed up and pulled back on the move. A pity as he is a quality dog. He has a super coat, was beautifully presented and in great condition.

Veteran Dog 1st: Hansford's Cassencarrie Bonnie Lad
7 years, good sort, nice tail carriage and decent temperament. Not in best bib and tucker.

Puppy Bitch 2nd: Smith's Pitfirrane Caol Ila for Tullochglen
This young lady needs some ring training. Unfortunately she could not cope with examination on the table at all so I felt I had no choice but to withhold the 1st prize. With patience and practice hopefully she will improve.

Junior Bitch 1st: Gregg's Ellabeth Amabilisdandie at Bambusa
Just my type as she is so very eyecatching. Super head, melting expression and so feminine. Under her well-presented coat all the essentials are there as she possesses a lovely neck and shoulders, her outline both standing and moving is spot on, her tailset and carriage is lovely and she just floats round the ring. Great temperament and she is so animated. I was delighted to award her CC & BOB.
2nd: Milton's Hawkesmill Jenny for Wilmit
Litter sister to the RDCC and many of the same comments apply. Great skull on this girl and yet she retains her femininity, good outline, correct body proportions, good tail carriage and is sound up and back. Put on a good show and made it a hard decision. She was close up for the RCC.
3rd: Smith's Pitfirrane Caol Ila for Tullochglen

Limit Bitch 1st: Miller's Dryfevalley Minnie The Minx
Another tough decision between 1 and 2 in this class. This one scored in expression and had a super temperament, OK in outline, good coat well presented. A touch narrow behind.
2nd: Denham's Dentgate Fire Opal
A nice bodied girl with better substance that the winner and better in rear. Her coat is just coming through. Interesting contest as they are quite different types.
3rd: Skitt & Marshall's German Dandies' Trixibelle
Res: King's Bonnybeck Delilah Creek
VHC: Smith's Glendandy Twinkle Star

Open Bitch 1st: Henry's Dariant Grace Mi Solar at Trinzy
Another eyecatcher, good head with lovely expression, lovely outline, super neck and shoulders, great front and plenty of animation. Trimming a bit dramatic even for me! A bit more strength behind and she would be hard to beat. RCC.
2nd: Denham's Dentgate Hollyberries
Very workmanlike and lovely to go over, sound up and back, lovely jacket, good tailset and carriage.
3rd: Russell's Hawkesmill Ishbelle
Res: Kurg's Etsill Skara Brae
VHC: Dunipace's Hawkesmill Iolanthe

Veteran Bitch 1st: Smith's Somercloud Starprize at Glendandy
8 years and looking well. Good jacket, lovely temperament and steady showgirl.