Midland Counties Canine Society

Staffordshire County Showground, 27th October 2017. Judge: Mr Paul Eardley.

It is always a joy to judge the Dandies as the dogs give such a lovely welcome, and this appointment was no exception. There were plenty of typical Dandie temperaments on display with that greeting, via a real wag of the tail and expressive eyes just melting you as they look at you. Overall, I felt that movement has improved a little, and in a number of cases movement did sway my decisions. On a less positive note, I felt that there were one or two narrower skulls with more foreface than is desirable and there were one or two "iffy" bites which needs to be watched.

Dog CC

Reserve Dog CC

Bitch CC & BOB

Reserve Bitch CC

Best Puppy

Deacon's Ch./Am GCh. Pennywise On The Road Again

Booth's Borderstone Kingman for Lannia

Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Ice And Fire

Tinsley's Glahms La Boheme

Sheppard's Dentgate Sugarberries at Thystine

Puppy Dog 1st: Tinsley's Xoranda Secret Ron Day View to Cloverwood
A nice puppy to start the day with. Super head, lovely dome developing, perfect stop, super jacket and in lovely condition. Nice outline moving and standing and super temperament.

Junior Dog 1st: Cox-Purcell's German Dandies' Zampano at Puddockswell
It was a close contest between the first two here. This mustard presented a good outline standing and moving and had a good rear. Is big enough and front could improve, but a nice sort.
2nd: Harcourt-Morris's Dainty Dandies River Mersey at Lenacourt
Better size than the winner. Another with a decent rear. Preferred the head of the winner. With maturity this one could turn the tables.
3rd: Cavanagh's German Dandies' Zorro at Puddockswell

Limit Dog 1st: Drake's Tollcross Tartan Tavish
This boy won the class on his overall outline and tail carriage. Was a bit sluggish today and his coat was a bit on the blow. Will look better with a new jacket.
2nd: Sleight's Bonnybeck Moonlight Bay
Super jacket on this boy and well presented. A bit proud of his tail. Delightful temperament.

Open Dog 1st: Deacon's Ch./Am GCh. Pennywise On The Road Again
The overall proportions of this boy caught my eye as soon as he entered the ring. Super dome, excellent stop and a great muzzle and bite. Good moving boy who covers the ground with ease. Expertly handled to present him at his best at all times. He was particularly impressive when stacked presenting a typical outline. I was delighted to add another CC to his tally.
2nd: Booth's Borderstone Kingman for Lannia
Eyecatching boy with a good outline standing and moving, very easy on the eye. Had the correct crisp coat and he just needs a bit more of it to complete the picture. Super rear. In my opinion is of definite champion grading so I hope that he picks up that third CC soon. Res CC.
3rd: Kurg's Hawkesmill Jefferson at Etsill
Res: Rolland's Dandiroyal Diggory Delvet

Puppy Bitch 1st: Sheppard's Dentgate Sugarberries at Thystine
What a pretty girl. Lovely size, super head developing well, good outline and a good mover. Well presented. Coat just starting to blow. Is very promising indeed. Best Puppy.
2nd: Sleight's Mishahda Where It All Began
This youngster was unlucky to meet the winner as she is very promising. Not quite the head development of the winner but looked really well in profile when moving.
3rd: Bell's Reidswire Lady Bryghte

Junior Bitch 1st: Miller's Dryfevalley Miss Muffet
Eyecatching youngster and super temperament which meant that she really showed herself off. Good jacket just coming through. Very typical.
2nd: Poole's Reidswire Border Bluebell
10 months so was giving a bit away to the winner. Head still needs to mature. Presented a good outline and when she settled was quite steady.
3rd: Davies's Loudounhill Tranquil Iona
Res: Macdonald's Hawkesmill Katrina

Postgraduate Bitch 1st: Cox-Purcell's MyDan'd Wonderful Red Dragon at Puddockswell
Won the class on overall proportions. Quite a nice head, good outline on the move. Super temperament. Is up to size.
2nd: Sleight & Bore's Danchester's Passing You By
Good headed girl, well presented and a glamorous sort. Would like a bit more length. Good temperament.
3rd: Drake's Tollcross Thistledown
Res: Rolland's Dandiroyal Sophie

Limit Bitch 1st: Tinsley's Glahms La Boheme
Very eyecatching and this is enhanced by the presentation. Super headed girl, ok in outline, carried her tail well, really good rear and showed with purpose. Would like her coat a little clearer but I am being picky. Res CC.
2nd: Buckley's German Dandies' Violetta
Pressed the winner hard as she is very typical. Super head and skull and a good jacket. Not quite the glamour of the winner and not as assertive on the move.
3rd: Russell's Hawkesmill Karamel
Res: Cox-Purcell's Puddockswell Margarita Pracatan
VHC: Kelly's Bonnybeck Delilah Creek

Open Bitch 1st: Tinsley's Ch. Cloverwood Ice And Fire
This mustard girl is an eyecatcher and I loved her. The best head of the day with plenty of dome, correct skull proportions and a super muzzle. Unmistakeably feminine. Lovely liquid eye. Her neck and shoulders are super flowing into a text book topline with the correct gentle dip behind the shoulders and a perfect rise over the loin, finished off with a correct tail set and carriage. She flowed round the ring. Her presentation was the icing on the cake. CC and BOB.
2nd: Garratt's Int Ch. Cloverwood Wish Upon A Star
This one is a really nice girl with lots to like about her. Super temperament. She had a good head, but was a touch more extreme in topline than the winner. In the challenge she pressed hard for the res CC but unfortunately she was so keen to get going that she was crabbing a bit.
3rd: Bell's Dandiroyal Rita Skeeter
Res: Harcourt-Morris's Dainty Dandies Royal Dutch Emma Lenacourt